My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lou's Room

Every time we asked Lou what color she wanted her new room painted, she said blue. Blue is her favorite color. This presented us with an exciting challenge as to how to paint a little girls room blue ... not pink or purple. If you haven't heard of the site, www.houzz.com, we highly recommend it. You can type in a search for anything and thousands of room designs will come up. You can also save these designs in a folder, kind of like Pinterest (or so I'm told, I haven't joined yet ... huge shock, I know). For Lou's room, I typed in "toddler girls room" and I browsed through pictures until I found one that gave me a good starting point. The room had flower stems painted on the walls, and actual "fake" flowers on top of the stems. Seeing that room reminded me that I saw some 12" round Gerber Daisies at Hobby Lobby so the idea was formed. I used some paint we already had for the stems so they are lighter than I would like them to be. I plan to darken them at some point.



I call this the "Field of Flowers" room because it reminds me of the song I Want to Fall in Love with You by Jars of Clay. I sing these lyrics often when I'm in Lou's room and these words are my prayer for all three of our girls:

"In open fields of wild flowers,
She breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
In no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
And fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,
I want to fall in love with You."

Amen!

In case you missed it, Lou still sleeps in a crib. It's awesome! She has no idea that she can get out of it so we aren't changing it. We are geniuses! Bailey slept in her crib until we took the side off between 2 1/2 and 3 years old. Praise the Lord our kids aren't climbers because Lou sleeps with enough stuffed animals to easily climb over the side.

The following two pictures are the inexpensive vintage pieces we found on eBay for her (this goes along with our idea to put something vintage into every room in the house). We just did a search for "Lou" and here is what we found. We then framed the pieces with frames laying around the house. The first picture is the cover of the book Skip to My Lou, and the second picture is the sheet music of Skip to My Lou. These are cheap and easy ways to personalize your kids rooms.



The next picture is her piggy bank. I showed Parker's so I have to show Lou's since they have similar piggy banks, but in different colors. Her piggy bank is actually sitting on the Skip to My Lou book that the framed cover came on.


Of course, Lou also got her name framed from Aunt Shelley and Cousin Ashleigh. In case you didn't know, Anberlyn, is her real name. :)


And here is the girl herself ... Sweet Lou!







No comments:

Post a Comment