My Family

My Family

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Custom Artwork

I've talked about my brother and sister in law's store in Fayetteville, AR, before, but in case you missed it ... it's AWESOME! They opened The Mustache: Goods & Wears on Block St about a year and a half ago and the store is booming. So well, in fact, that they opened a second location in Bentonville, AR, about a month ago. You can check out their store at www.shopthemustache.com or their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mustachegw.

Besides the obvious plug, I say all of that to tell you that The Mustache is where I first heard about Lindsey Kelley Art. Lindsey lives in Fayetteville and she makes and sales artwork for the store and other places. You can visit her facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LindseyKelleyArt. I contacted Lindsey via email (kelley.lindsey@gmail.com), shared my ideas with her, and then let her do her thing. My biggest advice to you if you are thinking about having some of this artwork made for your home is to not limit her artistic ability. She knows what she's doing so just give her the words and let her do the rest! She is very talented and we are extremely happy with our artwork.


Piece #1: My grandmother (who loved Cardinals) passed away in March of 2011. She used to always say "I love you more" after we said I love you to her. It quickly became her signature quote, so my brother and sister in law had this piece of artwork made for us (and one for my mom and cousin) for Christmas last year. Of course, it made us cry. This piece is 2 feet tall x 1 1/2 feet wide, and it hangs in our living room.


Piece #2: This mustache is the logo for my brother's store, and it was drawn by a good friend of ours so we just had to have it in our home. This piece was a gift from my parents, and they have one just like it at their house. Yes, I realize that not everyone wants a mustache in there home ... but, we do! This piece is 1 foot tall x 2 feet wide, and it hangs over our front door to give everyone a smile as they leave our happy home.

Piece #3: We just had to have another mustache. But this time we went a little bigger. This piece is 2 feet tall x 4 feet wide, and it hangs in our bedroom.

Piece #4: I love a good worship song, and one day at church these lyrics really stuck out to me. These are words that I want to live by and I want my family to live by, so we chose this piece to keep us focused on what is important in life. This piece is 2 feet tall x 1 1/2 feet wide, and it hangs in our living room.

Piece #5: These are lyrics that Greg chose from a song. I just heard the song about a week ago, well after this piece was made. I must say, he chose his lyrics well. This piece is 2 feet tall x 4 feet wide, and it hangs in our dining room.

Piece #6: Isaiah 40:31 is my favorite Bible verse of all time. It's uplifting and motivational, and I love being reminded of it every day when I see this art. This piece is just over 3 feet tall x 2 1/2 feet wide, and it hangs in our hallway.

Piece #7: I love this one for obvious reasons. It lists each of the girls names, nicknames, and birth dates. It's awesome! This piece is 2 feet tall x 4 feet wide, and it hangs in the girls playroom.


As you can see from these pieces, Lindsey can do just about anything that you ask for. They can be all black and white, include a little bit of color, or be all color. It's really your choice. These pieces are all printed on canvases. We love the distressed look of the art. It really fits our style ... if we even have a style. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment