My Family

My Family

Monday, March 18, 2013

Trash to Treasure


I realized as I was painting our dining room that I might hold a very valuable secret that can save you a lot of money. Did you realize that Lowe's (and I'm sure other local hardware stores) have returned cans of paint that they sale for $5??? You can buy an entire gallon of paint for only $5! Sure, you're technically buying someone else's rejects. But, if you look at it like I do, then you see it as "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

At Lowe's, these paint cans are usually found to the left of the paint counter and they are clearly labeled as $5 on the top of the can. They also sell smaller sizes for $2.50. We've bought quite a few of these cans over the years. Some work out and some don't. But in reality, a small sample can costs $3 so why not buy a whole gallon for $5 because you can always find another use for it or give it away. If you haven't bought paint in a while, a gallon costs around $35. Ouch!

In our new house, we've used a $5 can to paint our master bathroom, our kitchen/dining room, and we'll soon be painting our master bedroom with another one. That's $15 to completely change the look of three rooms in our house.

So, what are you waiting for?! Run over to Lowe's and check it out ... but don't buy anything that we might like. Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment