My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The New Me - Month Six



The 13th was the official day that I had been working out consistently for 6 months. Yes, I'm a little behind in writing this blog, but life has been busy lately. I figured at this point, I would have been exactly where I wanted to be. Wrong. I tried to be realistic when setting my initial weight loss goals, but let's be honest, I've never been down this road. I had 3 kids in 3 1/2 years, and  9 months after having my third daughter, I decided it was time to get back in shape. Before my first pregnancy, I was fit, so I knew that I could get back there, but I did not know how long it would take. So, I'm learning as I go. A few months ago, I took off my 6 month time frame and told myself that I'll reach my goals when I reach my goals. I won't stop working hard, but only time will allow the necessary changes to take place. Yes, getting into shape takes time ... just like getting out of shape takes time. It takes hard work, dedication, habit changes, time, and sacrifice to see results. But, the results will be worth it. I'm getting close!

Judges 8:2 - "But he answered them, 'What have I accomplished compared to you?'"

I love the above picture and this Bible verse. There are lots of inspirational girls in my Boot camp class. When I started 6 months ago I wanted to instantly look like some of them and then I found out that they had already been attending for 2 years. No wonder they looked so good! There may even be girls in the class now, that just started, that are looking at me thinking the same thing that I thought 6 months ago. We all have our own journeys and we all do things differently. We need to stop comparing ourselves to others because we have no idea of knowing how much time and effort they are putting into looking the way that they do. Most importantly, we all have to start somewhere!

Workout Routine / Accountability: In month six I committed to Boot camp M, W, and F. I ran on T and Th. I played soccer on Sunday.

Day 152: Ran 4 miles with Hatch. My longest run so far! 14 leg throw downs (continuing our daily Boot camp challenge)

Day 153: Boot camp. 15 leg throw downs

Day 154: 16 leg throw downs

Day 155: Played a full soccer game because we had no subs. 17 leg throw downs

Day 156: Boot camp. Pulled my right butt cheek sitting down to stretch AFTER class. Who does that?! 18 leg throw downs

Day 157: Ran 4 miles with Dawn & Hatch. We averaged a 10 min 5 sec mile! 19 leg throw downs

Day 158: Boot camp. 20 leg throw downs

Day 159: Ran 2 miles in 18 mins 27 sec's - Personal Record! 21 leg throw downs

Day 160: 22 leg throw downs

Day 161: Stomach bug - No fun!

Day 162: Recovering from the bug

Day 163: Still recovering. Caught up on 23, 24, & 25 leg throw downs

Day 164: Ran 2 miles. 26 leg throw downs

Day 165: Boot camp. 27 leg throw downs

Day 166: Ran 2 miles with Dawn. 28 leg throw downs

Day 167: Boot camp. 29 leg throw downs. I now fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans! YAY! I'll admit that my bigger jeans were getting harder to keep up, but I still doubted that I could fit in a smaller size. Typical girl problems. After about a month of needing smaller jeans, I finally broke down and got some. They fit!

Day 168: 30 leg throw downs

Day 169: Played a full soccer game because we had no subs. 31 leg throw downs

Day 170: Boot camp. 1 squat (this is our challenge for the month of  April)

Day 171: 2 squats

Day 172: Boot camp. 3 squats. 50 crunches

Day 173: Ran 4 miles with Hatch. 4 squats

Day 174: Boot camp. 5 squats

Day 175: 6 squats

Day 176: Played a full soccer game because we had no subs ... again. 7 squats

Day 177: Boot camp. 8 squats

Day 178: 9 squats

Day 179: Boot camp. 10 squats

Day 180: 11 squats

Day 181: Boot camp. 12 squats

Day 182: 13 squats. Six months down!

Day 183: I'm adding an extra day to this post because this is the day that my team and I ran the Hogeye Marathon Relay in Fayetteville, AR. I ran 7 total miles (my longest run so far). You can read the full story here. 14 squats



6 Month Results:
  • I've lost a total of 7 1/4" in 6 months with 5 1/4 of those inches being in my problem areas (aka hips and waist)
  • I lost 2 pounds this month!
  • My stomach is definitely feeling tighter, and I feel stronger than I have in years
  • Running is now contagious. I love it ... not every time ... but more often than not!
  • In month seven, I've committed to keep the same schedule with the exception of just running when I feel like running. My next race is May 18th, but it won't require training like the long run that I just finished. However, I will start training again in the late summer for a 15k and Half marathon that I'm running in the Fall.
  • I've run a total of 74 miles in the last 6 months. Wow!
Like I've said before, I've given myself 6 months as long as it takes to get back in the shape that I want to be in so I'll update you again at the end of month seven.


No comments:

Post a Comment