My Family

My Family

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Never Underestimate...



...the heart of a tiny champion. Tonight, Bailey was my champion. After dinner, she wanted to learn how to tie her shoes so Greg worked with her for a LONG time. After what seemed like the 99th failed attempt, she got it! She was so proud of herself! She ran around saying "Bailey is a genius!"

That proud moment could only be topped by her next question, "mom, can I go run with you?" In my mind I hesitated because it was bath time and my ankle was still a little sore from spraining it at my soccer game on Sunday, but I told her to grab her socks and shoes and we headed out the door. One lap around our block is half of a mile so that was her goal. She ran the whole lap (talking, jumping over puddles, jumping in puddles) and wanted more. So, we ran another lap. We did have two short walking moments, but all in all she ran 1 mile with me. WOW! I was so proud of her, and she was pretty proud of herself. What an accomplishment!

When we got home, we stopped to stretch our legs and she asked if she could run with me again tomorrow night. And, when we got inside, Lou asked if she could get some shoes like Bailey's and run with me also. Absolutely! In that moment, I realized that the examples we are setting for our children are really being seen, understood, and put into motion. They want to run because they see mommy and daddy run. My heart was overflowing!

Here are some pics (from my phone) of her stretching after her first run:




As a side note, let me just say that someone had the running toots and (believe it or not) it wasn't me. We are the perfect pair!



No comments:

Post a Comment