My Family

My Family

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The New Me - Month Eight



The 13th was the official day that I had been working out for 8 months. I forgot to write an update at month 7, which tells me a few things. #1 - If I don't put a monthly reminder on my calendar then I'll forget to write an update, and #2 - the excitement of tracking my every workout move is wearing off ... meaning, I'm starting to like what I see. It's taken me 8 months of hard work to finally say that I'm happy with how I look. I still have goals to reach and I will still be working hard, but I'm finally starting to see the "fruits of my labor."

Like it says in the Bible, Hard work pays off:
  • Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
  • 2 Corinthians 9:6 - "Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
So, instead of giving you a play-by-play of my workout routine like I've done in the past, I'll just hit a few of the highlights that have come from 8 months of working out/running consistently:
  • I've lost 9 inches
  • I've gone down 3 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes
  • I've lost 12 pounds
  • I've run a total of 138 miles
  • I'm much healthier and happier

Then & Now: The below picture says a lot to me. It's hard (at least for women) to change the way we "SEE" ourselves. In my head, I still envision the girl on the left as me today. It truly takes me seeing myself in a picture to realize that I'm now the girl on the right. I'll be honest, I'm pretty darn proud of the girl on the right. She has been working full time, going to Boot camp at 5:30am full time, been a mom of three girls (ages 5 and under), and played soccer and ran weekly to reach her goals. I had to put all excuses aside and give 110% to stay focused on my goals. It was tough, I had to make sacrifices, and at times I wanted to quit, but I knew that I had to press on. And, I will continue to press on. I have old goals to reach, new goals to set, and children that look up to me. For those three reasons alone (my kids), I will not fail.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment