My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cookies vs Carrots


I workout. I run. I try to eat healthy. I love my family. I work hard. I go to church. I finish what I start. I am competitive. I can multitask like nobody's business, but ...

Sometimes I:
  • Let unfinished projects sit around the house for months
  • Forget to print family pictures that are stored on the computer ... for over a year
  • Wear a sports bra and comfy clothes to run errands instead of dressing somewhat "nice"
  • Pick up dinner on the way home from work instead of cooking my pre-planned meal
  • Lose my temper with my kids
  • Lay in the recliner all evening instead of running
  • Fall asleep while praying at night ... like 95% of the time
  • Buy things that aren't in the budget even if we don't have the money for it
  • Put off cleaning the house until tomorrow, or next week
  • Tell my kids "no" because it's easier than saying "yes"
  • Eat cookies instead of carrots
All of these things are true. Sometimes I fall off track and it's ok. Afterall, life is short, so we need to enjoy every day that we have whether it's a day of good choices (eating carrots) or a day of not so good choices (eating cookies). And, if it happens to be a day of not so good choices, then you better enjoy every single bite of those cookies!

Ephesians 6:3 - “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment