My Family

My Family

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Having A Ball

Our Children's Director at church is amazing! Miss Vicki puts in countless hours to make sure that our kids are well taken care of. She has been a blessing to our family and our church. Vicki recently decided to start an outreach mission that the kids could be involved in. She has a friend that travels to Africa to work with children in an orphanage. Her friend is going back to see the children at the end of the month so our church is collecting toys for the kids, and money so that they can purchase bed nets, etc. We are excited to support this mission especially since our items will be taken and delivered to the kids by hand. Vicki's friend will also send back pictures of the kids after they receive the items. This is a HUGE lesson for our kids. Not only do they see me buy the items at the store, but they get to follow the items until it gets into the hands of a little child just like them. Below are the racquet balls that we purchased as our gift to give the children. They have racquets, but they've been playing with wadded up pieces of paper because they don't have balls.



I chose three balls because we have three kids. I opened the package to let each of the girls play with a ball. We talked about the kids that will receive the balls and we held hands and prayed for their safe delivery and for the children. The girls were so excited to be able to bless other kids just like them.


Afterwards, I found it ironic to take these pictures in the girls' playroom. We have an entire room in our house dedicated to "play" while these orphaned kids live with much, much less. I'm definitely counting my blessings today ... and every day.

Acts 20:35 - "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”


No comments:

Post a Comment