My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Girl Time

Family & Opportunity. The two words that I chose for 2016. More Family time. More Opportunity. Last weekend, was the perfect Opportunity to spend time with Family...




For Christmas, we gave my four older nieces an invitation to get professional makeovers at my house. My Mom (the whole thing was her brilliant idea) and I wanted to pamper them. Simply love on them. To slow down, hang out, and enjoy each others company. After all, we rarely get together except for birthdays and holidays even though we live in the same town. Busy schedules. Busy lives.

The girls came to learn about the importance of skincare, the yucky things to look out for in their cosmetics, and to get pampered with a professional color matching makeover. Thankfully, I happen to know an amazing, long-time friend that was more than willing to teach them everything she knows about skincare and make-up since that's not my expertise (go figure). I'm so thankful for this friend. She took time out of her busy schedule to love on my family. What a blessing. By the way, I so wish I had known these tips when I was younger!




We started with face washing and then applied a 10 minute Intense Hydration Mask. While waiting on the mask to sit, I shared tips that I've learned since starting my Arbonne business. Like the importance of buying products without mineral oil, parabens, toxic chemicals, and fillers from rendering plants (they were completely grossed out with this fact so I felt that my work was complete-Ha!). Again, all things that I didn't know growing up, but that are so very important.

After 10 minutes was up, they rinsed their faces, exfoliated their lips with Tahitian Coconut Lip Smoother, applied a Day Creme with SPF 20 (another important tip), and then prepped for make-up. My friend did a great job teaching them how to color match their foundation with the inside of their wrist, how to properly apply eye shadow/ mascara/ eye liner, and letting them know if they are a warm, neutral, or cool skin tone and how to stay in their color range when buying make-up.






Beautiful family. Beautiful girls. I'm excited to watch them make their mark on the world. I gave each niece a new set of make-up brushes, a hand written note telling them how special they are to me, and a pendant that says "Inspire" on one side and "2016" on the other. I challenged them each to find someone in 2016 to Inspire. They could give the pendant to that person or keep it for themselves. We all have the capacity to Inspire someone and to call out their greatness. We are all made to be great! Love you girls!






No comments:

Post a Comment