My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011

In 1993, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was 13 years old at the time so I didn't understand a lot about what was going on. I'm excited to say that as of this year, my mom is an 18 year breast cancer survivor! Praise the Lord!

I (along with my family) have chosen to run or walk in the Tulsa Race for the Cure every year (since 2003) to show our support for the survivors, those who are currently battling, and those who have passed from this disease. Throughout the years we have know quite a few others to be affected by this disease, including my mom's mom, who was diagnosed in her 80's.

Because our group has gotten so big, we decided to form a team this year. Our team name was Boob Supporters. With a name like that, you just have to make a t-shirt. The front is our team name logo and the back is my brothers logo from his store in Fayetteville, AR. Come on, who doesn't like Boobs and Mustaches! (In case you are interested in his unique store, the website is http://www.shopthemustache.com/).




This year our team consisted of 17 adults, 9 children, and 4 children in the making!





The kids started this years 5k race in style...




After the race, we continued a tradition by meeting at Mimi's Cafe for a much needed breakfast!


I'm also very proud to work for a business, Hasty-Bake, that supports the Komen Race for the Cure and events in the Tulsa, Ok area. We made this one of a kind grill (retails for $999) to be auctioned off at the Race today.

GO PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment