My Family

My Family

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Naming Number Three


Parker Eva Morrison


There you have it ... baby #3's name. We are pretty excited about it because it has a lot of family history tied into it.

Parker: Her first name comes from my mom's parents, Kenneth & Vivian Park. Growing up, we called them Bo & Bibby. We were blessed to spend a lot of time with Bo & Bibby over the years. Bo passed away in October of 2009 and Bibby passed away in March of this year. We are proud to let their legacy live on in their great granddaughter. Below is a picture of Bo & Bibby.



Eva: Her middle name comes from Greg's dads grandmother. Darrell's mom passed away when he was only 12 months old, so Darrell was raised by his grandparents, Homer & Eva Pleasant. We are proud to let their legacy live on in their great great granddaughter. Below is a picture of  Darrell (Greg's dad), Eva, and Homer.



I came across this passage when looking up the word family in the Bible:

Ephesians 3:14-16: 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being

Amen!



1 comment:

  1. I love my granddaughter's name. I think it is very pretty and different and a honor to Bo, Bibby and Eva. But also looking over Darrell's family history I found a Parker Swindell on his side of the family. So her name is really tied to both sides. Now I'm ready for her to be here. Can't wait to see her precious face!! God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete