My Family

My Family

Friday, September 23, 2011

Blessed

As I was leaving work today and walking alone toward my car, I was greeted by a frantic young woman. She wanted a ride somewhere, but she wasn't making a lot of sense with what she was saying so I was hesitant to help her. I apologized that I could not give her a ride, wished her luck, and she went on her way. For those that don't know, I work at 13th & Lewis in Tulsa. Although our company, along with a few others, have greatly improved that intersection, we still get a lot of homeless or intoxicated people in the area. As I got in my car and watched her jog away, I said a prayer for her and her safety.

I reflected quite a bit on my past on the drive home. I have made good and bad decisions in my life. I know I'm not done making mistakes, but I have made enough of them to learn valuable lessons along the way. Thankfully I have made more good than bad decisions. I believe that the road I'm on is exactly where I'm supposed to be. Had I made other choices in life, I could have been where this young woman was today ... roaming the streets, frantic, not making sense, and simply moving on to the next best thing.

As I reflected, I started thinking of all of the wonderful things in my life that were results of the good choices that I made:
  • God - I gave my heart over to God when I was 8 years old. Throughout high school and college, I strayed from Him and returned, strayed and returned, until finally returning to stay. He has never let me down ... even when I wasn't seeking him.
  • Family - I have always had great family support. I've never known a family member to tell me that I can't do something or that I'm not good enough.
  • Husband - My husband is my best friend. He supports me and he lifts me up when I need it. He works full time and he has attained two college degrees, which have allowed me to work part time to enjoy a few extra days at home with my girls.
  • Children - I'm blessed to be the mom of two beautiful, healthy girls. I believe that my children are simply on loan from God, and I'm honored and humbled that He sees enough in me to allow me a 3rd baby girl to raise.
I guess I'm writing this to encourage you to make more good decisions than bad decision in your life. You never know which path will open a door to the rest of your life.


James 1:12 - Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

1 comment:

  1. K that was so well said and powerful that it made me cry. Plus I looked back over my own life with all the mistakes and highlights of my life. The trials that have faced me starting when I was 13 and lost my Mother to cancer. We have had many die of cancer in our family, as well as being blessed with God's healing power with others, including myself.I have learned so much about myself and God's blessing this past year as my husband, Darrell struggled to beat and failed against cancer. As a whole family, we have gone thru just about every experience that a family can. But I know we have a stronger faith and love for each other than many families. May God continue to bless us and guide us each day of our lives until we leave this earth to live with Him in Heaven!! All my love to my family always!

    ReplyDelete