My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wait Gain

 Yes, that title was on purpose. I LOVE being pregnant. I DO NOT like gaining weight. Let's face it, pregnancy seems to be the slowest weight gain and weight loss process ever. It's all just a waiting game. First you gain weight for 9 months, and then you do your best to lose that weight over the next 9 months. It's a LONG wait!

During my first two pregnancies, I was told that a healthy weight gain was 25-35 lbs so I made sure that I met those guidelines. During this 3rd pregnancy, the number has changed to 20-30 lbs so we'll see how well that works out. :)

I'm going to be very brave for a moment and throw out some numbers. I'm not sure that any other woman would do this, and I'm not quite sure why I'm doing it either. I guess my motivation is to be able to look back at this a year from now to check my progress.

I'm 5'7" and the "average" weight for my height is 125-135 pounds.
  • When I got pregnant with Bailey, I weighed 133 lbs. During those 9 months, I slowly gained 30 lbs, which put me at 163 pounds on  delivery day. During the 10 months after having her, I slowly lost 19 of those pounds before getting pregnant with Lou.
  • When I got pregnant with Lou (11 months after I had Bailey), I weighed 144 lbs. During those 9 months, I slowly gained 29 lbs, which put me at 173 pounds on delivery day. During the 12 months after having her, I slowly lost 19 of those pounds (again!) before getting pregnant with baby #3.
  • When I got pregnant with baby #3 (13 months after I had Lou), I weighed 154 lbs. I'm half way through my pregnancy and so far I've only gained 12 lbs. I admit, that's not bad, but it's hard not to factor in the weight that I already needed to lose from my first two pregnancies.
If you haven't already guess it, I'm pretty hard on myself when it comes to gaining weight. I've played sports my entire life and I've always been in shape. I'm not obsessive and I'm not going to be one of those crazy people that does whatever it takes to lose weight. I'm realistic - I realize that when baby #3 comes that I will have had 3 kids in 3 1/2 years. I know that takes a toll on a woman's body. But, I also know that I'm not going to let myself settle with this extra weight and I'm writing this to hold myself accountable to return to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Yikes! I can't believe I just put all of that in writing...

1 comment:

  1. You are VERY BEAUTIFUL what ever your weight is at the time. After you have little Miss Parker, I have no doubt that you will be back at your fighting weight in no time!! Give yourself alittle break right now because like you said you have had 3 kids in 3 1/2 years (wonderful girls I must say). When the time comes, put on your Super Women cape and get after it!! I love you and ever single pound!

    ReplyDelete