My Family

My Family

Monday, February 27, 2012

Newborn Confessions

As a mom of a newborn, I must confess that I (or Greg) do the following:
  1. If you are holding Parker and standing next to me, I will more than likely rock some part of my body as if I'm still holding her.
  2. If Greg is driving and trying to maintain a certain speed so that she will go to sleep, he will ride close behind and then (safely) pass the car in front of us if it's driving "to slow" for his standards.
  3. No matter how upbeat my Facebook posts sound, I'm tired.
  4. Even on my third child, I still pray and hold my breath as I lay her down after rocking her to sleep. You never know what slightly wrong movement will wake her back up.
  5. I love to nurse my child, but I still secretly envy every woman I see that is not currently a buffet table.
  6. Some days are just plain hard, and on those days I remind myself to take it one day at a time.
  7. I also try to remind myself that I will get to sleep an entire night again sooner than I realize.
  8. Baby #3 is on a schedule, but it's not nearly as strict as the schedule we had #1 and #2 on. Shhh, don't tell anyone. The hardest part of my schedule is actually getting up in the morning after nighttime feeding and rocking. No matter how much sleep I (do or don't) get, the big girls will still get up at the same time each morning and I need to be up and ready for them.
  9. I miss giving my big girls a bath, reading a bedtime story, saying our prayers, and putting them to bed. For now, that's Greg's job. I bathe, feed, and put Parker to bed. We must divide and conquer.
  10. No nap is long enough.
  11. No shower is long enough.
  12. I miss me time.
  13. I'm beyond ready to put Parker in her own room at night. It's hard for me to sleep when she grunt 1-2 hours before actually waking up to eat. I keep a stuffed animal Big Bird in my bed and I use that to cover my ear when she starts to grunt. It doesn't work very well.
  14. Because of lack of sleep, I'm short tempered with my 3 1/2 and 2 year old and that's not their fault. I'm working on that.
  15. I still listen to hear Parker breathing before climbing into bed at night.
  16. When she spits up, I wish there was a way to bottle up the output. Breastmilk is liquid gold.
  17. Because Greg is working and I'm at home, he sleeps all night and I take care of Parker. We've had this agreement with all of our girls. Yes, he will help when needed. Yes, I sometimes want to kick him when he snores while I'm up feeding or rocking. I mean that lovingly!
  18. Quality time = me feeding Parker at night, Greg wakes up, looks at me, and we wave at each other.
  19. My house is a mess and I'm ok with that ... no, I'm not ... but I'm to tired to do anything about it.
  20. It's worth every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment