My Family

My Family

Friday, March 23, 2012

Daily Dependence


Each day I read a Parent's Devotional on my phone. It's a great reminder that God is in control and that my children are just on loan from Him. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm humbled and honored that he would trust me to be the mom of three beautiful girls. Even on the tough days, I am truly blessed.

Today's devotional really hit home, and it can be applied to many of life's circumstances whether you have children or not, so I wanted to share a part of it with you:

"We often long for God to reveal the whole path before us, but He usually gives us only one stepping stone at a time. It can be tough to choose a path of daily dependence on God in our lives and the lives of our children. We desperately want to plan, orchestrate, and manipulate all the details because it gives us a sense of control. The illusion of control however, can tempt us to rely on ourselves instead of God. Are you holding tightly to your sense of control, or are you depending on God for guidance? Trust your children to God each morning. He knows what He's doing."

What a great word! Now if I can just remember to trust my children to God ... every morning... for the rest of their lives. There's a challenge for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment