My Family

My Family

Friday, April 20, 2012

Seven Minutes



I was seven minutes late to work today. Thankfully I have a very understanding boss that cuts me a LOT of slack. I'm pretty sure that I would have been fired ... two kids ago ... if I worked anywhere else.

I don't like being late. I try very hard to be on time, but it rarely seems to work out these days. I don't want to use the excuse that I have three kids three and under, but that's my reality. And, that's why I try that much harder to be on time. Maybe I just want to prove a point that I can have three young kids and still get somewhere on time.

This morning, we were making good time. I mean really good time. Like "going to make it to work early" on time. Until Parker decided to eat her bottle slower than molasses. After 35 minutes of feeding her, I finally had to pack up the bottle and get ready to leave. I pushed the limit trying to let her finish, but I knew that I could still make it on time. I packed everything up and did one last sweep of the house since it could be shown at anytime today. We got in the car ... ugh ... I forgot that I need gas. I stopped on the way home from work yesterday, but the gas station was packed, so I left with every intention of going back after the girls went to bed. I forgot. So, we got gas, I dropped the girls off at my parents, and I made it to work seven minutes late. On the bright side, I got to spend seven more minutes with my girls this morning.

And what about proving my point and being on time, well, there's always tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. You poor thing. Loves and hugs! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete