My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Saving A Little Money


It's been awhile since I've talked about couponing. I've been using coupons for a year and a half and I have my system down when it comes to finding good deals and stocking up on things that my family NEEDS - not things that I won't ever use or won't use for a year because my stockpile is out of control - I don't let myself get out of hand like the people on TV.

Yesterday I got a GREAT deal on Pampers diapers so I want to share with you exactly how I got such a good deal. It's easy to say "I saved a ton of money," but it's a completely different thing to give someone the tools to be able to save money themselves.

I got my deal at Target. I combined a sale, a store coupon, two manufacturer coupons, and a money back offer to get this deal. This is one of the best deals that you can get when you can combine all of the money saving techniques (store sale, money back, manufacturer coupon, store coupon) into one transaction.

I bought one box of Pampers diapers with a count of 140, and a second box of Pampers diapers with a count of 156 for a total of 296 diapers. At full retail, I would have paid around $34.99 per box or $0.23 per diaper (34.99+34.99=69.98/296 diapers=$0.23).

Stay with me cuz here comes the fun part (I know I'm a nerd) ...

Target has a deal this week where if you buy two boxes of Pampers diapers on sale for $31.99 then you get a $10 gift card to use on your next shopping trip. I also had two $3.00 manufacturer coupons (one for each box of Pampers I was buying) and one $2.00 store coupon for Pampers.

So, two boxes total $63.98 (31.99+31.99) - 10 gift certificate for buying two boxes - $3.00 manufacturer coupon - $3.00 manufacturer coupon - $2.00 store coupon = $45.98/296 diapers=$0.15.

So, you don't need to buy diapers? No problem! This can be applied to any product. This was just my example and I just happened to be shopping at Target. I get a LOT of my deals at CVS as well so you're not limited to one particular store.

If you have any questions about using coupons, then please email me at morrison25@cox.net. I have a ton of info that I can share with you, and my methods of saving money are SUPER EASY to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment