My Family

My Family

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Diapers = Money In The Bank

 
I saved so much money on diapers today that I had to share with you how I did it because you can do it too! I know that I say this over and over, but couponing really is easy once you get the hang of it. If you've tried and you just don't get it, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you!
 
Pampers diapers are on sale this week at CVS for $8.99 (regular price $11.99) so I bought four packages.
  • With the CVS sale, I'm already saving $3/package. Saved $12.00.
  • I had two coupons that expired today for $1.00 off two packages of diapers. Saved $2.00.
  • I had a coupon that came out of the CVS kiosk the last time I was in the store for $5.00 off a baby purchase of $25.00 or more. CVS tracks what you buy and they give you coupons toward those items. They are brilliant because it keeps you coming back to their store. I am brilliant because I combine those store coupons with store sales and manufacture coupons to get the most savings that I can. Saved $5.00.
  • I had $12.00 in Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) from my previous shopping trip. Saved $12.00.
  • Retail price for the four packages of diapers was $47.96.
  • I paid $16.96 before taxes.
  • I saved $31.00!
  • I purchased a total of 125 diapers so that comes out to $0.13/diaper. Retail price would have been $0.38/diaper.
Believe it or not, I can make this deal even better! CVS is running a promotion this week that will give you $10.00 back in ECB's if you spend $30 on Proctor & Gamble items. So, I received another $10 back just for this diaper purchase. So technically, I bought 125 diapers for $6.96 ($16.96 - $10.00) or $.05/diaper. That's just ridiculous!
 
Below are my receipts just to show you that I can't make this stuff up. It's real and it's real easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment