My Family

My Family

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Time Has Come


This is a follow up to the post Wait Gain that I wrote a little over a year ago on Sept 25th, 2011. In that post, I was very open about my weight before pregnancy and during my 3 pregnancies that occurred within 3 1/2 years. You can read that post here.

This is the part where I hold myself accountable to that post. Gulp!

I weighed around 175 pounds when I delivered Parker on Feb 2nd of this year. That means that I gained a total of 21 pounds with pregnancy #3. Parker is just over 8 months old and I now weigh 156 pounds. This means that I've lost a total of 19 pounds (almost all that I gained) since she was born. Not bad, but still not anywhere near my goal of my pre-pregnancy weight of 133 lbs. I want to reach this goal because, as I stated before, my healthy weight for my height should be between 125-135 pounds. I've run some and we play soccer every week, but I haven't been 100% dedicated to working out ... until now. This weekend we are setting up our Gold's Gym Weight Set in our garage. Do know what that means?!

That means that...
  1. I will have no excuse not to get back in shape.
  2. I will work hard.
  3. My husband and I will work out together because we are a team.
  4. I will prove to myself and society that you can get back in shape after having 3 kids.
  5. I will not become a statistic. I had Gestational Diabetes with two of my three pregnancies and statistics say that I'm highly likely to get full blown Diabetes within 5 years of that diagnosis. I'm at an even higher risk of getting diabetes because I already have Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and diabetes runs in my family. I will prove them wrong.
  6. I will be an example for my three girls.
  7. I will encourage my other mom friends who are also struggling to lose the baby weight.
  8. I will do my best to reach my goal, but I also realize that my goal may change along the way. I know that my body is different now so I may be in the shape that I want to be in before I reach 133 pounds. To me, it's not about the number, it's about feeling good and being happy with how I look.
  9. I will eat better, exercise more, and lose weight the healthy way. I will not deprive myself of Ice Cream or Pumpkin Spice Cappuchino if I really want them. Moderation is key!
  10. I will need encouragement.
  11. I will not give up!
To be continued ... sometime in the future ... when I'm back in shape!

SIDE NOTE to all of the women reading this: These numbers, goals, pounds are MINE. This is for MY body type, not yours. Please don't compare yourself to me. Realize your own numbers, set your own goals, and lose your own pounds. We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment