My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Keeping It Real

Isaiah 46:5 - "With whom will you compare me or count me equal? To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

I see LOTS of things in blogs, on Facebook, and online that make me compare. Yes, I secretly compare myself to the mom who does it all without one complaint. You know that mom. She's perfect, her kids are perfect, her husband is perfect, her house is perfect, and her life is perfect. Why can't I be like her?

I'm here to tell you to STOP comparing yourself to others. Stop wanting what other people have. Stop wishing you were that mom. Life is to short to miss out on what's right in front of you. You need to focus on being the best mom that you can be because you never know, someone may see you as the perfect mom even when you don't see it in yourself.

So, to that one person out there that might think I'm perfect, please stop reading right now unless you want me to shatter the perfect image you have of me. This is what my house looks like RIGHT NOW...


This is our dishwasher. I opened it at 7:00am to remind me to unload the dishes. It's now 2:00pm.


This is the pile of clean laundry on our bed. I put it there yesterday, and then we pushed stuff to the center to sleep.

This is our stove. Along with other items, I had to unload the diaper bag (purple backpack) because Parker's apple juice/water leaked out of her bottle and soaked everything inside the bag while we were at her 9 month checkup this morning. 

This is where I set my purse everyday. It's also where we keep our recycle items (on left) until they make it out to the garage, and where just about everything else ends up until it's sorted through and put where it actually belongs. I guess you could call this Grand Central Station.

This is our sink. It looks like this everyday ... except the dirty dishes are usually stacked a bit little higher. I'm kind of impressed that they dishes haven't overflowed onto the counter top.

 This is our laundry room and that is 11 (yes, 11) cans of paint that have yet to be carried two more feet outside to the garage. I walk past these cans multiple times a day so I guess they've just become part of the decor. Maybe I'll move them today and maybe I won't.

This is where we pile our projects ... and more laundry to fold.

Somewhere under there is our love seat. The couch is covered like this with the girls' clothes at least 2 days a week. Then after I get the clothes folded, they sit there for another day because it's more than likely night time and the girls have already gone to bed so I can't put them up.

This is a line up of picture frames in our bedroom that I have yet to go through. They've been sitting there for 5 months. Ouch! I think I'll take care of this one today.



So, the next time that you want to compare yourself to someone else just remember that their house probably looks a lot like mine. On paper (or the computer) we can all look perfect if that is the only image that's being put out there.

And for all of this madness, I...
 ... to the one clean place in my house. The mantle!




No comments:

Post a Comment