My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Walk of Shame


Lou is currently potty training herself. Yup! She asked to wear panties this weekend and has been wearing them ever since. I have to admit, she's pretty awesome!

So, after dropping Bailey off at preschool this morning, the other girls and I headed to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. I asked Lou multiple times if she needed to go potty, but she kept saying no. I should have made her go, but I didn't ... famous last words.

We checkout and leave. While I'm putting the bags in the car, I notice that Lou is doing the potty dance so I finish quickly and we head back inside. I go to the large stall because I have to put Parker in there with us. Luckily, I set her car seat down in the doorway of the stall, while I put tissue on the potty for Lou (public toilets gross me out). As I start to help Lou pull down her pants, I realize that she has already started to pee. And it's not stopping. She continues to pee while I put her on the potty and she finishes up. Way to go Lou!

As I look around, I notice that there is a stream of pee on the floor ... and my jeans ... but not on Parker ... whew! I clean up the floor the best that I can. I'm praying that Lou barely wet herself before I pulled down her pants. No luck. Her panties and pants are soaked. The diaper bag is now out in the car with the groceries. Don't panic.

Sticking with her routine, Lou walks out to the sinks - bare butt and all - to wash her hands. I love this girl! I quickly run out of the bathroom to grab a grocery bag from the nearest turntable. I put Lou's panties and pants in the bag and I shove it into my purse. It's time to improvise. I wrap Lou up in Parker's blanket, and get her in one arm and Parker's car seat in the other arm. I put on my best smile (even though I have pee on my jeans) and we do the walk of shame to the car. I can see the stares, but I'm not afraid. I'm a mom. And, a proud mom. Because my girl just used the potty in a public place (besides church) for the first time. Way to go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment