My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just A Little Off The Top

Last week Bailey, our 4 1/2 year old, was in her room taking a nap. Let me rephrase that. Last week Bailey was in her room and she was suppose to be taking a nap. Ok, lets face it, the girl just doesn't nap anymore, but at least she plays quietly for some down time. After quiet time, she came out and told me that she had "something in her room that she didn't want in there" so I asked her to bring it to me. This is what she puts in my lap...



Yes, my friends, that is a GIGANTIC hair ball. If you're needing some comparison, that ice cream scoop and strawberry are life size. She spent her quiet time, and apparently some time the day before, cutting her hair. She cut a LOT of it off the sides and near the bangs. The only reason she didn't cut any off the back was because, and I quote, "I couldn't reach the back." Notice the pink? That is the hair that she cut off of a stuffed animal.

We took this as an opportunity to remind her that she doesn't cut her own hair. Did you catch that? Remind her. This is the second time she's cut her hair, but the last time wasn't nearly as drastic. Needless to say, we didn't know the scissors were in her room, and she now has no access to them. She is allowed to "check them out," but they have to be returned to the super high cabinet when she's done.

I have to be honest, when I saw the hairball I was shocked, but I also found it very funny. It was probably only funny because we can almost hide the cuts so that no one notices. She has had a few people ask if she got a haircut, which also makes me laugh. Because that's what life is all about. Taking opportunities to teach lessons and laughing along the way.

The below picture may not look too bad to most of you, but I'm putting it in here to remind me (years from now) of how much hair she actually cut off. I tried to pull some of the shorter pieces to the front. Goodness!



Proverbs 24:32 - "I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw"

No comments:

Post a Comment