My Family

My Family

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Entertaining Angels


Parker LOVES bath time! She loves to splash around and play with the bath toys. Tonight, while holding a small ball, she looked past me at the corner of the bathroom and held out the ball. Lately, she's been holding out objects that she wants us to take from her so I didn't think much about what she was doing. Until, she did it again. And again. Then she held out the ball and started babbling and smiling. She did this about 5-6 times, and every time she looked at the same spot in the bathroom and held the ball out.

I had heard, sometime in my past, that babies (and pets) can see angels. I chose to believe this because it makes sense that they would see what that the rest of us are to busy to see or maybe even to believe in. As a Christian, I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in angels. I believe that we are surrounded by angels that watch over us and protect us.

I had an overwhelming feeling that Parker was seeing something that I couldn't see, and I truly believe that she was entertaining an angel. Maybe it was her guardian angel or a family member that had passed on. I'll never know, but it was pretty awesome to watch her. She was so happy, and so willing to play. It was such a sweet moment that I won't soon forget.

Luke 4:10 - "For it is written: He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully"

No comments:

Post a Comment