My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I LOVE COUPONS!

This is my 100th post! Who knew I could type (aka talk) so much? Wink, wink. I want to personally thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read my blog. Sometimes it's informative and sometimes it's just plain non sense, so thanks for putting up with me. Now, onto the good stuff ...


I'm honored to be teaching another coupon class next week with my best friend. We are blessed by every opportunity that we have to share our knowledge with others. Using coupons is so easy once you get the hang of it, but sometimes the information just doesn't click unless you are able to ask questions as you learn. So, if you're in the Tulsa/BA area then sign up to come to the class by clicking here. The class will be held at Destiny Church in BA next Monday, Feb 25th, from 7:00-8:30pm.


The above picture shows some deals that I got at Target over the weekend. Here is the breakdown:
  • The two Barbie dolls retail for $18.99 each. They were marked down to $9.98 each. They rang up (by the grace of God) at $5.68 each. I had a coupon for $3.00 off if I bought two Barbie brand items. Retail for both Barbies = $39.78. My price for both = $8.36.
  • The Nivea Men's Face Cream retails for $1.97 each in the travel section. They were marked down to $1.77 each. I had two $2 off coupons. Retail for both Nivea creams = $3.94. My price for both = ($0.46). Yes, that's a negative!
    • By the way, my husband won't use this cream so I'm going to give it to Broken Arrow Neighbors along with other items I have gotten for free.
  • The Velveeta cheese and Rotel go together. I had a coupon for Buy One Velveeta cheese and get Two cans of Rotel for free! I also had two $1.00 off coupons for the Velveeta and one $0.40 off coupon for the purchase of two cans of Rotel. I had enough coupons to do this deal twice.
    • Basically the two Velveeta cheeses retail for $5.89 each. They were marked down to $5.30 each. I had two $1.00 off coupons. Retail for both Velveeta cheeses = $11.78. My price for both = $8.60.
    • The four cans of Rotel retail for $0.89 each. I had one coupon for $0.40 off the purchase of two cans plus they were all free because I bought the two Velveeta cheeses. Retail for four cans of Rotel = $3.56. My price for four cans = ($0.40). Another negative!
  • The two Pampers diapers retail for $9.99 each. They were marked down to $8.99 each. I had two $1.50 off coupons plus one $1.00 off coupon for buying two packages plus one $1.00 off Target coupon. I also got back a $5 Target gift card for buying two packages. Retail for both diapers = $19.98. My price for both (including the $5 gift card) = $7.98. That breaks down to $0.12 per diaper!

The key to all of this is learning how to make your money work for you!

Ecclesiastes 7:22 - "Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it."

No comments:

Post a Comment