My Family

My Family

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grateful

As most of you know, Parker, our 13 month old, was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday. This girl has had some big name illnesses since her arrival: heart murmur, really bad reflux, the flu, stomach bug, and now pneumonia. Those are enough to bring some adults to their knees and she's taken every one of them like a champ. She's a tough little fighter, but she didn't fight alone. She's backed by a pretty awesome God. A God who stands in our corner, fights our fights, and never lets us down. He gives us strength when we are weak, and he restores us to perfect health.

Often times we call on God when we are at our weakest, and when he heals us we might remember to say thank you. I'm here to give him a huge THANK YOU. I'll be honest, I don't always remember to thank Him, but I do my best. I pray everyday for His protection over our family, for the wisdom He gives us as parents, for guidance, and for health. No matter what we're going through, I feel that things could always be worse so we will praise Him even in the storms of life.

As I laid in bed last night, I took a moment to truly thank God for the perfect timing of Parker's doctors appointment and how her pneumonia was caught in the earliest of stages. She was already showing improvement last night after just one dose of antibiotics. What a blessing! As I prayed I got an image in my head of our five family members standing together and a gigantic God standing behind us with His arms open wide saying "Look how big I am. I got this." The image made my heart smile. It was a great reminder that we are always being looked out for.

The below picture is kind of like the image I saw. This is the Christ of the Ozarks in Eureka Springs, AR. Also known as "The Big Jesus" in our family.




Please know that no matter what you are going through that you are loved. If you don't know this amazing God that I speak of then I will be more than happy to share Him with you. Just ask.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."



No comments:

Post a Comment