My Family

My Family

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Big Changes = Big Rewards

I've worked at my current job for 11 years. I went from full time to part time work 5 1/2 years ago after my first daughter was born, and I've been part time ever since. I love my job, and (most of - kidding) the people that I work with. That being said, about two weeks ago, my boss gave me two options going into 2014...
  • Option 1 - work full time
  • Option 2 - work from home with much less pay
Hmmm. Anyone in their right mind would go full time so that their finances would be secure. Well, anyone but me. I chose option 2. I chose to stay home. I chose to spend the majority of my time with the people who mean the most to me. In the short 5 1/2 years that I've been a mom, I've already noticed how quickly the time goes by. I see our three beautiful daughters growing up and I don't want to miss this opportunity. I want to be there to kiss their boo-boo's, to teach them right from wrong, and to simply hold them. I'm willing to sacrifice the easy road for the road less traveled. I'm willing to cut back our finances like they've never been cut back before ... because someone once told me ... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11)

Since that meeting with my boss, I've had two songs stuck in my head...

'Lift My Life Up' by Unspoken

You brought me this far, so why would I question you now?
You have provided, so why would I start to doubt?
I've never been stranded, abandoned, or left here to fight alone
So I'm giving you control
I lift my life, lift my life up
I give it all in surrender
I lift my heart, lift my heart up
You can have it forever
All my dreams, all my plans
Lord, I leave it in your hands
If peace is a river, then let it sweep over me
If I'm under fire, I know it's refining me
When I hear you calling out, I'll follow now wherever the road may go
I know you're leading me home
-And-
'Oceans' by Hillsong
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and you won't start now
So I will call upon your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours, and you are mine
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
So, over the next few weeks, we will be transitioning to me staying at home. Honestly, my brain is still trying to adjust to not driving to an office every week. I can't quite wrap my head around it, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to enjoying my kids. I mean truly enjoying them. No more rushing around in the mornings. No more driving 45 minutes to drop the girls off at two different locations before heading to the office. No more feeling guilty about getting to the office a few minutes late because someone couldn't find a shoe. No more coming home just to walk in the door for quick hugs so that I can get dinner started and get everyone fed. No more. No. More. More time. More hugs. More love. More moments like this picture below. Yes. More.



No comments:

Post a Comment