My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Days 12-20


Click Here to read about Days 1-4.
Click Here to read about Days 5-11.

Motivation is defined as "the act or instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way."

A reason to act in a certain way. A reason to act. To act. This means taking action, and no longer sitting around idle waiting for someday to come. Someday is now!

Am I motivated? Yes! Today is day 20 of the Clean Eating Challenge and I'm down 7 lbs and over 2". I would call that some pretty good motivation. I'm only 5 lbs from my goal weight. We all have different goals and expectation with this challenge, but I went in with the intentions (or should I say motivation) to shed the last of my baby weight, to be an example to our daughters, and to start eating healthy for the rest of my life. I had three beautiful girls in 3 1/2 years so my body was never able to shed the pounds before getting pregnant again. My youngest will be two in a few weeks so one of the best gifts I can give her is a healthy mommy. I may not lose the last 5 lbs in those two weeks, but I know that I won't stop until I reach my goal. On that glorious day, I will weigh what I did when I got pregnant with my first child. Motivation? Without a doubt!

Here is a list of changes that I've noticed 20 days into the challenge:
  • First off, I can't believe it's day 20. I thought when this challenge started that I would be counting down the days, but I'm not. I actually had to look at the calendar to figure out what day we were on.
  • My energy level is still surprising me. I did nap twice last week (because it was a certain week of the month, if you catch my drift), but they were only 30 minute naps and I was up and going without dragging.
  • My muffin top, which I gave some pretty good reasons excuses for still having, is almost gone.
  • My workouts are more effective. It's amazing how much better your body feels and performs when it's working WITH the food you eat, instead of working against it.

My biggest challenge this week:
  • A couple of times I waited too long to eat because we were out running errands so everything started to sound good. I mean everything. I could have scarfed down a bag of Cheetos when I got home, but I didn't. I ate a few almonds to hold me over until my food (smoothie or dinner) was ready.
  • The Fit Chews came in really handy this week! Remember that certain week of the month that I mentioned before? Well, it brought with it a pretty hefty sweet tooth so I would eat a Fit Chew (or two or maybe even three) and be fine.

Product Reviews:
  • Fit Kit (consists of two bags of protein, two fizz sticks, two fit chews, two detox teas, and one bag of fiber): I'm excited to say that quite a few of my team members are continuing the challenge into February and even beyond that. I'm so proud of each of the individual accomplishments that I'm hearing. I will give you LOTS of testimonials with next weeks final post about the Jan Challenge.
    • Philippians 1:25 - "Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy"
  • Fit Chews - I didn't think I would have much use for these, but I ordered them because I knew that I would give some away as samples. Thank goodness I had them last week! They were a life saver when my sweet tooth would try to get the best of me. They come in lemon, caramel, and chocolate. The chocolate are really good with a few almonds. I mean, come on, anything with chocolate and almonds is wonderful! Can I get an Amen?!


So, I know I said that I'll post testimonials next week, but I couldn't resist giving you a sneak peek. This is from my awesome mom. I'm SO proud of the progress that she and my dad are making.

"Wow!!! I am very excited about my Blood Sugar number: 126. This is amazing. Last week on weigh in day it was 209. A year ago it was staying in the 300s and I was put on more meds. I take 6 pills a day to lower my Blood Sugar. Yesterday I only took 4 of my pills and still got a great number. We started this quest to feel better, lose weight, and change our eating habits to healthy choices. We were hoping for better Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure numbers and to take less pills. We both are progressing successfully toward our goals and the weight will come off with more time. We are satisfied with what we have lost and are going to continue on this plan next month, too."



If you're wondering if this challenge is for you, then please contact me (morrison25@cox.net). I would love to share more information with you. I know that a lot of the initial info can be overwhelming, so I will break it down to show you that the program can, and will, work for you. No two people will go in with the same goals, and no two people will come out with the same results.




No comments:

Post a Comment