My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Product Review: Healthy Hands

I've chosen to write an Arbonne Product Review once a week. I hope that these posts will make you more aware of the products that you use on a daily basis, and how they can be replaced (over time) with the pure, safe, and beneficial products that Arbonne has to offer. Here is a list of ingredients that you will NEVER find in an Arbonne product: gluten, parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, paraffins, diethanolamine, formaldehyde-donating preservatives, synthetic fragrances, animal-derived ingredients, or artificial dyes or colorants.
 
 
WARNING: The following picture may be disturbing. View at your own risk!

 
Since you survived that gruesome photo, I'll let you in on a little secret ... that's my hand. Gasp! Winter weather is not kind to me. Do you see the cracks, the flaky skin, the bloody knuckles? It's brutal. I've tried many things over the years, but nothing seems to help. Sounds familiar?
 
 

 
These products were part of my winter routine for years. If you're unfamiliar with the blue tin, it's called Veterinary Balm. Over 10 years ago, I  was introduced to this product that was originally made for animals, but was now being used to smooth the dry skin on people's elbows, feet, and heels. A good dose of Vet Balm on my knuckles and Eucerin lotion on my hands and I was good to go. Did I ever read the ingredients? No. Not until I joined Arbonne and became more aware of the products that I put on and in my body.
 
The ingredient list for the Vet Balm consists of Hydrozyquinoline Sulfate (toxic, coal-tar chemical that may cause cancer) in a base containing petroleum (discovered as a paraffin-like material coating oil rigs), lanolin, cetyl alcohol, and purified water.
 
The ingredients list for the Eucerin lotion consists of water, mineral oil (a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil), Isopropyl (flammable chemical compound) Myristate (an ester that makes our products feel less greasy), PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate (mixture of oleic acid esters of sorbitol condensed with an average of 40 moles of ethylene oxide), Glyceryl Lanolate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Palmitate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinon, and Methylisothiazolinon.
 
Are all of these ingredients bad? No. Are some of them hard to pronounces? Yes. Does this make you stop and think?! I sure hope so! I had to stop describing them because the description didn't give me any more details than the actual name, which to me means that I need to be more aware of what I'm using on my skin.
 
So, this is my new winter regimen.
 

Arbonne's FC5 Skin Conditioning Oil & FC5 Ultra-Hydrating Hand Creme ingredients consist of cucumber extract, birch leaf extract, watercress extract, clover blossom extract, and St. Johns wort extract. FC stands for Fresh Cell. The Fresh Cells remain intact, pure and potent, while encapsulated. With each application, the encapsulated cells "burst" and deliver fresh, skin-hydrating benefits. The result is healthier-looking, more radiant and perfectly balanced skin.

Now that's something that I can agree to! I rub the oil onto my knuckles and cuticles and then follow up with the hand creme. The oil absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy film, which is wonderful!

If you would like to purchase these item, or any of Arbonne's pure, safe, and beneficial products then please contact me at morrison25@cox.net. And, feel free to browse the website at www.arbonne.com to see all that we have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment