My Family

My Family

Monday, February 3, 2014

Clean Eating Challenge: Results!



Click Here to read about Days 1-4.
Click Here to read about Days 5-11.
Click Here to read about Days 12-20.


On January 31, my team finished our month long Clean Eating Challenge. I'm SO proud of everyone that went though this change. In the beginning, we were a little nervous about cutting things out of our diet, but that's because we didn't know that we were strong enough to say no. These 30 days were bigger than a diet change. They helped each of us realize that we are strong, we are powerful, and we are worth it. Thankfully, we now hold the key to a healthier lifestyle for ourselves and our families.

Team Results:
We lost a total of 135 lbs! Our weight loss ranged from 4 lbs - 20.5 lbs. The highest male loss was 20.5 lbs and the highest female loss was 15 lbs. That's amazing! Yes, the inches/weight loss are wonderful, but keep reading to hear more about the changes that really kept us going ... and that are keeping us going into a second month of this challenge!

Team Testimonies:
"Today (day 6) was rough. Everywhere I turned I found something that sounded good to eat (pancakes, oreos, French fries, breakfast casserole). Just a good old fashion case of the munchies. Proud of myself for choosing a Fit Chew and a 2nd helping of my dinner veggies, sprinkled in with a couple of fizz sticks. I survived the day and I'm so glad I stuck to the plan. My family isn't doing this with me. And even though I hardly know anyone else here, it is nice to have this group to share our struggles and successes with."

"I lost 5.3% body weight and my husband lost 6.2%. I was really proud of both of us. It became much less about the food and following it strictly, but more about self control. I no longer needed things that I 'needed' before. I had a choice and decided to make good ones."

"We have completely enjoyed this past month. We are doing something positive about our weight and energizing our bodies with clean fresh eating. This has been so easy. We are going to continue with the program in Feb, too. We are making a life change for the better! My husband lost 20.5 lbs and 5 inches. I lost 8.5 lbs and 3 inches. Besides the weight loss, my Blood Sugar has been getting better and better every day. My hands aren't hurting all the time from arthritis. Now I'm a believer in eating right and flushing out harmful toxins. Thank you to everyone that encouraged us this last month!"

"I'm claiming a victory of 9.6 lbs lost and 3 inches."

"I lost 7 lbs (5% body weight) and 3 inches. I sleep better (I thought I slept fine before), I have more energy (with three kids ages 5 and under), I'm more alert, and I don't drag toward the afternoon or even at the end of the day. This is a life change for myself and my family. We will continue this type of eating for the rest of our lives. The 4 Week Menu and Shopping Guide were just what we needed to make this program work for our busy lives."

"I just realized that the eczema on my scalp that has bothered me for TWELVE years is gone!!!" - this quote was not from my immediate team, but from our larger team as a whole.

"After my daughter died on Aug 9th, 2009, I thought I would die too, and I didn't care. Depression and stress overcame me and I gained weight. On that same date in 2012, I could hardly walk from the pain in my joints and decided I had to lose weight if only to be able to survive and take care of myself. I did low carbs, much like Arbonne, but no shakes and the weight went slowly due to my age and low thyroid. It was even more important after my holiday weight gain to get back on a program and lose more weight. I incorporated the shakes and fiber and enjoy them and thus my journey back. I'm 71 1/2 and this will probably be my last diet so it has to last forever for me to be as happy and as healthy as possible, and I am thankful. I thank God for this gift."

"At the times that I thought I was going to lose control, a cup of the detox tea or fizz sticks surely helped. I have definitely learned a new approach to life without binge eating. I am totally sugar free, refined carb free, and next month I will be walking on the treadmill."

"I was depressed looking at my swollen ankles. Fingers and ankles feel much better."

After week 2 - "Wow!!! I am very excited about my Blood Sugar number: 126. This is amazing. Last week on weigh in day, it was 209. A year ago it was staying in the 300's, and I was put on more meds. I take 6 pills a day to lower my Blood Sugar. Yesterday, I only took 4 of my pills and still got a great number. We started this quest to feel better, lose weight, and to change our eating habits to healthy choices. We were hoping for better Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure numbers and to take less pills. We both are progressing successfully toward our goals and the weight will come off with more time. We are satisfied with what we have lost and are going to continue on this plan next month, too."

"This challenge has gotten me back on track and I do enjoy the shakes. I also will say that I think the Arbonne fiber is probably the best fiber I've ever taken."

"I feel great, sleep really, really well, am not as moody or irritable, and my clothes fit much better. That's all the proof I need."

"I lost 15 lbs from 1/2 to 1/31. Feels great! I didn't take measurements but the weight mostly came off my middle. And that's a good thing! Thanks for the support!"

"I lost 4 pounds and gained some yummy, healthy recipes!"


February Team:
My Feb team is already going strong. I will share their success stories with you at the end of this month. Like I said in a previous post, each team member is given a 4 Week Menu and Shopping Guide, and a full team of support to answer any questions that may come up over the length of the challenge. We are all here to help you succeed!

March Team:
This team is currently forming and it has a spot with your name on it! If you are interested in cleaning up your diet, feeling better, losing weight, and all of the wonderful things mentioned above then contact me (morrison25@cox.net) so that I can give you more information about the Arbonne Clean Eating Program.


1 Timothy 4:15 - "Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."


No comments:

Post a Comment