My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Temptation Rewarded

Where Your Treasure Is

In a blog post on Tuesday, I said in the last sentence that "I felt really good about what I had done and I know that God will reward me ten fold for doing the right thing."

If you missed it, click here to read that post: http://morrisonlife.blogspot.com/2012/04/very-tempting.html



Ten Fold is described as:
  • ten times as great or as much
  • equal to or having 10 times as much or as many
  • in tenfold measure; good deeds rewarded tenfold
As I prayed that night, I thanked God for blessing our finances and I specifically asked him to bless us ten fold for the $72.66 gift card that I had returned to CVS earlier that day. God and I have a pretty good relationship so I asked him to make this blessing obvious to me so that I would know right away that the blessing was from him. He knows that I can be impatient and forgetful so the quicker the answer the better. :) I knew that I would be looking for an amount around $726.60 ($72.60 x 10).

The next day, my answer came in a very unexpected way. We are buying a new home and we have applied for the 184 Native American FHA Loan. Part of this loan, requires us to appraise our new home AND our current home. The appraisal of our current home is to prove that we have a certain amount of equity built up in the house we are selling. The appraiser called me last week and said that he would be at the house on Tuesday at 12:45pm to do the appraisal. I was not going to be home so he said he would use his MLS code to access the key box and enter the home. A week later (this past Tuesday) we had still not received the appraisal report so I called the company. The woman who answered the phone assured me that the appraisal had been completed and that she was working on the report and that she would get it to the bank.

Just before 5pm on Wednesday, I received an email from the bank that our appraisal came in. Most appraisals, at least in our history, come out in even numbers, such as $???,000. The appraisal of our current home came out in the amount of $???,750. Why is that significant you ask? Because instead of ending in 000, it ended in $750, which is more than the $726.60 that I was looking for. Remember that whole ten fold thing. Amazing! I was completely blown away and in awe of God's power. Not only did the appraisal come in with that number on the end, but that number made the house appraise for exactly $750 more than we needed it to appraise for to be able to apply for the Native American Loan.

Here it from me folks ... GOD IS AWESOME! He still answers prayer if you just ask, and He's there waiting to reward you for your good deeds.

John 14:13-15: And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment