My Family

My Family

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recipe: Carmel Apple Cookies

My family LOVES carmel apples! They are one of the special treats that we get every time we go to Eureka Springs, AR. So today, I made Carmel Apple Cookies for the first time and they are FABULOUS! I have to share this recipe so that you can enjoy this yumminess for yourself. I did alter the original recipe a bit so here is my version.



Carmel Apple Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks salted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
    • I use wheat flour, but either is fine
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
    • It's easy to crush these up in a zip lock bag
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (3/4 cup)
  • 1/2 bag (11 oz) cooking carmels (near the chocolate chips)
    • I used a full bag, but I also doubled the recipe

Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
  • In a bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in both sugars until fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla.
  • In a medium bowl, stir together flour, crumbs, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in cooking carmels and apple.
  • Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls (I use an ice cream scoop to shape my cookies evenly). Arrange balls 2" apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove and let cool on wire racks (or on a pizza pan like I did in the above picture).

I'll say it again, these cookies are fabulous! But, before you start thinking that I'm some kind of baking Goddess, I must confess. I completely forgot to add in the apple. Yup. Completely forgot. I didn't even cut it up. The cookies were still amazing, but I can only imagine how much better they will be when I remember to add one of the key ingredients next time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment