My Family

My Family

Monday, February 25, 2013

SNOW DAY!

"Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood." - Andy Goldsworthy

We received a good amount of snow last Wednesday (2-3") so instead of taking the big girls to preschool, we all stayed home. I wasn't sure how much snow was going to fall and it was coming down heavy that morning, so I didn't want to risk getting all three girls out. Good thing I listened to my instinct because the roads were completely driveable by the time school would have been out. We got a lot of snow, but yes, I could have easily driven to pick them up. So, I guess the motherly instinct that I was really listening to was the excitement of having all three of my girls at home for the day. I sure do love them! Here are some pics of our day. Please excuse the fact that all of these pictures were taken with my phone, but when you have a day this fun there's no time to grab the camera!


This is how Bailey eats her bagel. Silly girl!


 Bailey and Lou playing on the couch. We don't normally allow them to do this, but the excitement of snow can cloud a parents better judgement. And, they were having a blast!


After about 20 minutes, the girls came in for hot chocolate with marshmallows to warm them up



Then we made Chocolate Pumpkin muffins. Yum!
Pay no attention to the girl in the back. Goober.

The finished product


The cutest little snow boots ever. Totally unpractical, yet still adorable!


Round two, back in the snow

Snow Angel


Parker enjoyed being tucked in my coat, and I didn't mind that she was keeping me warm as well


Two rounds of Disney Princess Candy Land before naps


Sweet Parker refusing to nap


Oh wait, no one napped, so we moved on to art time


And that was our day. So much fun packed into one day one half of a day!

Reality Check: Did I mention that no one napped? The first half of the day was wonderful, but the second half was a little rough considering everyone was tired and fussy. And then Lou finished off the day throwing up three times. Alas, all good things must come to an end ... but it was fun while it lasted!

And, word on the street is that more snow is coming tonight ... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment