My Family

My Family

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kindergarten - Day One


A little over 5 years ago, we were blessed with the birth of our first daughter. And, a few weeks after she was born, we made a life changing decision. We chose for me to go from full time work to part time work so that I would have a few extra days at home during the week to raise our little girl. That precious newborn face stole my heart from day one, and now, in the blink of an eye, she's starting Kindergarten.

I will miss my extra days with her during the week. I will miss our playdates with friends. I will miss her helping me with chores around the house. I will miss her bossing her sisters around. I will miss taking her to the park. I will miss taking her to run errands. I will miss her, a lot.

But, I'm also very proud of her. She's smart. She's funny. She's a great leader. She's willing to try just about anything. She's a go-getter. She's learning how to read. She loves math. She's really good at addition. She can count to 100. She's more than ready to start school!

So, I pray that we raised her right. I pray that we instilled the right values in her first 5 years of life to lay a solid foundation for her future. I pray that she's kind to others. I pray that she helps those in need. I pray that she makes friends easily. I pray that she spreads her wings and flies ... because I know that she's ready.

Jeremiah 29:11 - " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "



No comments:

Post a Comment