My Family

My Family

Monday, March 3, 2014

More of THESE!


It's COLD outside today. I mean cold! We had snow and sleet all day yesterday followed by more snow last night. It's 12 degree's with a windchill of -1. It's March 3rd for Pete's sake. Where is Spring?!

Needless to say, school was cancelled and we're all stuck inside. I love having extra days with my sweet Kindergartner, and our 4 and 2 year old, but today started off rough. Because of the weather our TV wasn't working. So, after four phone calls (with screaming kids) to the cable company (I just needed 5 minutes of TV babysitting so that I could shower and not worry about the girls getting into something), they're finally sending out a tech ... tomorrow. 

  • Side note: I pulled a muscle in my chest on Saturday night while coughing. Who does that?! Just imagine feeling that with every cough, and virtually every move you make. It's not pleasant.

Of course, while moving the TV to give the cable rep our model number, I strained the muscle again. Ouch! And, I was suppose to take my car in today to be repaired because of the wreck we got in a few weeks ago during a snow storm. I called to reschedule that for next Monday since it didn't seem wise to be driving in the same kind of weather that got us in a wreck in the first place. All of that being said, I needed an attitude adjustment.

After lunch, my 4 year old sweets-addict asked for a sucker. I concurred since they all ate a good lunch. My 5 year old opted for nothing, and my 2 year old wanted everything in the bag. While she stood there, not even looking at the candy, I said "how about these" while getting a roll of Smarties. She grabbed the dishwasher handle, jumped up and down over and over, and said "Yes! These! These! These! I want these!"

I laughed because she didn't even know what "these" were, but she was so excited to get "these." She just wanted them because she knew they were from me and she TRUSTED me. And then it hit me, that's exactly how we should TRUST Jesus. Often times, we don't know what "these" things are in life that He will offer to us, but we should TRUST that He knows what's best for our lives and allow ourselves to jump up and down with excitement, saying "Yes! These!"

Thank you, Lord, for the attitude adjustment that came from simply picking out a piece of candy for my 2 year old. I am blessed!

  • Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 



2 comments: