My Family

My Family

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Being Obedient



$20. That's what God put on my heart to give to a friend this weekend. We've only seen each other a few  times since high school, but the magic of Facebook has kept us in touch. She's been posting lately about adopting a daughter from China to fulfill the family that she already has. Earlier this week, she posted that she would be having a garage sale this weekend to raise money for the adoption. I knew right away that God was calling me to give. He specifically told me to give her $20 at her garage sale today. This message was in the back of my mind all week, but I didn't talk to my husband about it until this morning. Without hesitation, he agreed. We have an awesome understanding of supporting each other when God calls us to do something out of the ordinary.

Shortly after talking to my husband, we stopped to get some cash and mapped the way to my friends house that just happened to be in the neighborhood right behind ours. How convenient is that?! There were quite a few cars around the house because it was a neighborhood garage sale so we parked a few doors down. Oddly enough, we parked right next to a wooden headboard and foot board that would be great to make a bed for Parker. We had casually been looking for these pieces for a few months with the intention of restoring them when we found exactly what we were looking for. My husband jumped out to ask the guy how much for the bed and he said $5. Seriously?! Deal! We bought the pieces, put them in the truck, and I walked a few doors down to my friends house. I chatted with her for a bit, gave her some money, and told her that God led me to bless her. We gave her more than $20 because it just felt right. She was so grateful. I told her that we were blessed in return to make this trip because we bought a bed for Parker across the street for $5. She said that the bed was hers! They didn't have room to put it out so her neighbor was selling it for her. Wow! God is truly amazing! He led us to give money in support of her adoption, and in turn we were blessed with the bed that we had been looking for! And, by us buying the bed, another $5 was given to my friend for the adoption!

So, to pay this awesomeness forward, we are now passing Parker's crib and mattress on to a friend that needs it. We've been blessed to see God's hand move like this before, and we know it won't be the last time. It's amazing to see these moments play out when you're obedient to the call!

2 Corinthians 2:9 - "Another reason I wrote to you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything."


No comments:

Post a Comment