My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Little Hearts that Give BIG!



Early this Summer, my best friend set up a tour of the local Fire Station in BA. The firemen were so patient as they gave 30+ of us (around 20 of those being kids) a tour of the station and the different trucks. All of the kids LOVED it! 

The top left picture is Bailey, Lou, and Parker with Fireman Parker. Of course, we had to take a picture with him. He has a pretty awesome name!



We drive past the station often so Bailey asked if we could make them ham sandwiches for lunch. I thought that was very thoughtful so I talked with the girls and we took it one step further. Instead of making sandwiches (because we wouldn't know how many were working that day), we chose to get them a Subway gift certificate. 




We decided to get the card today and deliver it to the firemen. Unfortunately, they got a call before we arrived so only one guy was there, but he was so appreciative. He said that he would share the card with the other guys when they returned and that we could come back for a visit anytime. We will definitely be back! 

I love that the girls decided to do this. We talked about the jobs that the firemen do and how they are there to help us if we ever need them. I couldn't be more proud that my girls decided to give back to a group of people that give so much to everyone else. My heart is full!


2 Corinthians 9:7 - Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.


No comments:

Post a Comment