My Family

My Family

Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer Fun



Greg and I decided that we would have a Day O'Fun with the girls last Saturday. After all, it was our last weekend before school starts and we had already missed five weeks with the girls while I was recovering from surgery. I wasn't sure if I had a whole day of fun in me, but I was certainly going to try!

We kicked off the day with donuts and a dog pile on daddy, complete with a princess on top! Then we headed to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks. The girls loved seeing the underwater animals, but they were a little afraid of the sharks. We've been watching Shark Week (the kid friendly parts) on TV so I can't imagine why they were afraid?! You actually get to walk through a set of tunnels and watch the sharks swim all around you. They have the largest exhibit of Bull Sharks in captivity. It's pretty awesome!








The above picture was a neat exhibit where the kids could crawl under the gigantic fish tank and pop their heads up inside the tank in an enclosed tube. It was pretty cool! They also got to stand in a shark cage like the ones we saw on TV, and touch a blue starfish. Then the girls posed out front with their gift shop animals (Lou got a shark, Parker got a tree frog, and Bailey got a penguin).






After the Aquarium, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and Neinhuis Park for playtime. 






Then we all crashed at home for a two hour nap. I was exhausted. I mean, the girls were exhausted. Ok, we all were! After naps, I made dinner and we headed to Main Street in BA to see a friend's art set up at the White Linen Event. Then we went to Marble Slab for some amazing ice cream!




After ice cream, we went down the street to Bass Pro and walked around the pond where we saw a lady reel in a (tiny) catfish. The weather was beautiful! We also walked around inside Bass Pro, and let the girls play on the ATV's. Cheap entertainment!




Once we returned home, we traded out Parker's crib for a big girl bed. It was a bittersweet moment to see the last crib go, but definitely time for the change. She was so excited. She kept saying, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" It looks like we'll be shopping for big girl bedding soon.




What a great Day O'Fun with the family! And we all slept happily ever after!


No comments:

Post a Comment