My Family

My Family

Monday, August 4, 2014

Making Memories

Last winter (before knowing about all of the surgeries I would undergo this year), my parents booked a vacation for us in a beautiful cabin near Broken Bow, OK. The vacation was scheduled for the last week of June, which fit in perfectly since it was 9 weeks after my hysterectomy and 2 weeks before my double mastectomy. It was a much needed vacation and I'm so glad that we went and had a good time. We spent the whole week there, which gave us plenty of time to check out the sites around the cabin. My brother drove from Arkansas to join us for the first two nights days, and my aunt and uncle (one of my dads four brothers) drove from Texas to join us for a night later in the week. Here are some of my favorite (minus the first picture) memories...


The day before we left, Parker fell at church and hit her head on one of the door frames in the Children's wing. We had to take her to the ER for glue (not stitches since we were headed to the lake). Her cut looked terrible, but she handled it very well. Isn't it Murphy's Law that someone gets a serious injury the day before we leave town for a week?!



This is the cabin that we stayed in. It had three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, a loft with two twin beds, hot tub, fire pit, and a couple of creeks in the backyard. It was beautiful.







The girls got to enjoy a lot of firsts on this trip, such as riding in paddle boats, fishing (with plastic fish on the line so they could learn), riding a train through the forest, and making S'mores. Yum!









Of course, we found a park or two to play on. We also had some good slide races!





We, I mean Parker, also enjoyed some good naps!



Here are some more fun times! The girls were thrown in jail, we enjoyed some local ice cream, Daddy tossed Parker up high on a stage near the lake, we saw a lot of deer, the girls ran around at the old Nature Preserve, and we swam in the lake (another first for the girls). 



Do you see a theme in the next set of pictures?! We noticed that Lou was doing the Superstar point in a lot of pictures and it cracked us up, so we all started doing it toward the end of the week. Good times!



Our final goodbye (oops, there's the finger point again). Thanks Pops & Weasey for a great vacation!






No comments:

Post a Comment