My Family

My Family

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Then & Now

The time has come. It's been one year since I started working out, and focusing on getting my body back in shape after having three beautiful girls in 3 1/2 years. Yup, that's how we roll. Our first two are 20 months apart and our second two are 24 months apart. We are crazy blessed!

My workout journey started on Oct 13, 2012. You can read more about it Here. I've worked hard the last 365 days. I've lost weight, inches, and my sanity. HaHa! Kidding!

My thoughts Then:
  1. Can I really lose the weight? Can I prove to others, but more importantly to myself, that I can get back in shape?
  2. I want to play soccer and not be winded.
  3. I know that running is important to weight loss, but I hate running.
  4. Can I really get back into my pre-pregnancy size jeans?
  5. I'm fat.
My thoughts Now:
  1. Yes! I can lose the weight, but I still have work to do. This has changed from a 1 year goal to a Lifelong goal.
  2. I love playing a full 40 minute Indoor soccer game with no subs.
  3. I ran the 6 mile leg of a marathon relay in April. I'm now training for my first half marathon (coming up next month), and I'm running my first 15k in less than two weeks. My kids love to run with me.
  4. Yes! I'm back in my pre-pregnancy jean size.
  5. I'm fat. Let's be honest, all women have fat days no matter what size we are. I'm convinced that my "fat thoughts" today are from the Devil. I've worked hard the past year and he's trying to steal my joy, my accomplishments, my hard work. I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... Hey Devil, You Lose! I'm proud of myself and I will continue to work hard, and to fight back against all of the negative thoughts that creep into my mind and try to convince me that my hard work is not good enough. I'm good enough! Say it with my ladies, "I'M GOOD ENOUGH!"
And now, it's picture time. These are more for me than they are for you. I chose pictures of my middle because this was the area where I knew I wanted to see the most progress. These pictures are the proof I needed to convince myself that I've changed. It's hard to see improvement along the way, but a picture is worth a thousand words. I won't list my weight or inches lost. Why, you ask? Because they don't matter. What matters is that I feel better and that I'm happy with my "work in progress."



 
 
How did I do it?
Like I've said before, I joined a Boot Camp class on Oct 19, 2012. I owe a lot to my instructor, Erica, and the girls that I work out with. These girls are very supportive and they are very competitive. They work hard and they make me work hard. These ladies make me better. Thank you!
 
I'm also blessed to run with some amazing ladies. These ladies hold me accountable to reach my goals. They make me run when I don't want to. They make me believe that I can run a half marathon (yikes). They make me better. Thank you!
 
I'm still working on my eating habits. I've always believed what a friend said to me this weekend, "getting in shape is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do." I truly believe that. I don't eat terrible, but I wouldn't say I eat great either. My goal is to do better, and I thank God that I get another chance to do better every morning that I wake up. Can I get a Snickers Amen!
 
Lesson:
I hope that my year long journey has encouraged you. If my posts have inspired one person to get off the couch and to start their journey then I've far exceeded any goal that I could have set for myself. If you are that person, I high five you. I encourage you to continue. If you are starting that journey tomorrow, I high five you. The first step is the hardest, but it's also the most rewarding. You got this!
 
 
Genesis 24:21 - "Without saying a word, the man watched her closely to learn whether or not the Lord had made his journey successful."
 
May you be successful in all that you do!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment