My Family

My Family

Friday, May 30, 2014

23 Pounds Lighter!

Six years ago I was pregnant with our first daughter and I made a promise to my closest friends that we would not let our bodies go after having kids. Little did I know that my husband and I would have three beautiful daughters back to back (all within 3 1/2 years) and the weight would not have time to come off between each pregnancy. But, I made a promise.

On Oct 13th, 2012, I started working out with the weight set in our garage (story here), and on Oct 19th, I was invited to a Pumpkin Boot Camp by an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. I had no idea what that class would do for me. A year and half later, I still attend boot camp three times a week with the same friend that originally invited me and with many other amazing women that I've met along the way. This is more than a time to workout, this is bonding with lifelong friends, genuine support, and a truly unselfish group of women that want to see me reach my goals. I'm forever grateful for these ladies. I love you girls! (If any women want to join me, please let me know. You won't regret it!)

From Oct 2012 to Dec 2013, I lost 11 pounds. I was working out 3 times a week, running 3 times a week, and playing soccer once a week. I even ran my first half marathon in Nov 2013. You would think with all of that activity that I would shed pounds easily, but it just wasn't happening and I knew why. I was still eating the same way. So, after being introduced to Arbonne's 30 Day Challenge (and ignoring its benefits for 8 months), I along with family and friends, finally took the challenge in Jan 2014 and I haven't been the same since. Those 30 days taught me to gain control of my food instead of my food controlling me, and my lack of weight loss. I learned to substitute healthy foods for unhealthy foods, I never felt deprived, and the weight came off. I lost 7 pounds in Jan and the last 5 pounds as I've kept up the 80/10/10 follow up plan. (If anyone wants to join my 30 Day Challenge team, please contact me! Again, you won't regret it!)

Today, a year and a half later, three unexpected surgeries later, and many crazy life changes later, I stepped on the scale and I saw my goal weight. I did it! I'm thrilled! I completed my promise!

Before & After




I've already set new goals and I have no doubt that I will meet them, one day at a time! And, if you're wondering, we chose the top color and we plan to paint soon. Ha!

Ephesians 4:16 - From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.


No comments:

Post a Comment