My Family

My Family

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Kindergarten & Preschool - Last Day

First Day

Last Day



We made it! I made it! Kindergarten is mastered and with it we've mastered many fears. I (yes, the mom) came a long way this year (you can read my First Days of Kindergarten posts Here and Here). I came full circle. I cried on the first day of Kindergarten out of worry and fear, and this morning I teared up again as I watched my big girl walk into the school for her last day. But, this time, the tears were pure joy and pride in the person she has become. She amazes me! This school year, she mastered all of her required skills in geography, counting, and reading. She loves to read and solve math problems. She made wonderful friends. She was given extra homework pages to challenge her during the second semester. She mastered Kindergarten and First grade sight words. She played on her first outdoor soccer team. She flew on her own set of wings. She's growing up. She's. Growing. Up. And, I'm very proud to be her mom!






Lou also had a milestone year as she finished her last year of Preschool at our church. In August, she will enter the Pre-K program at Creekwood. I'm sad to leave our church school, but so very thankful for the time that she and Bailey got to spend there. Lou has also grown a lot this past year. She started the school year with really long hair, but donated it in the early Spring in honor of her cousin, Ashleigh, who was just declared cancer free from Lymphoma two weeks ago! Praise the Lord! Lou also played in her first outdoor developmental soccer league, and really enjoyed it. And ... she found her sense of style and sass (as you can see in the above picture). We sure do love this crazy girl!

New Traditions: Flowers and dinner out on the last day of school. Both girls were so excited to get flowers, and to pick the place to eat! Someone (grandma Weasey) please remind me of these two traditions next year so we can keep them going!

Like I said before, I've also grown this year. I've matured from fear of the drop off line at school and wondering if Bailey will ever make it to her class to now wondering why the Pre-K school that Lou will be at next year doesn't offer a drop off line. We have to walk the kids in? What?! Nonsense, she'll be fine ... but then again she is 4 and she won't be my little girl for much longer. So, I'll walk her in and I'll love every moment of it!



And, what about this little toot, you ask? Come this Fall, she and I will be enjoying some much needed Mommy & Me time. She won't know what to do with all of that attention, and I won't know what to do with only one child. But for now, LET'S GO BRING BACK SUMMER!


No comments:

Post a Comment