My Family

My Family

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012: A Year In Review


I'm dubbing 2012, the Year of Medicine. It seems like we spent more time and money on medical issues last year than we ever could have anticipated. With God's grace, and Saint Francis allowing us to pay off our bills, we were medically debt free by Dec 31st. Woohoo!


January
  • The 1st day of the year landed me in the hospital. I was 9 months pregnant with Parker and she was blocking one of my kidneys. Full story here.
  • Our sweet Lou turned 2 years old!
  • Our master bath remodel was completed.
February
  • Parker was born! Full story here.
  • She had some breathing issues at birth so her doctor ran a few extra tests to make sure she was ok. Full story here.
  • By 4 weeks, Parker had bad reflux so we went to the hospital to run some GI tests. Full story here.
March
  • At 5 weeks, Parker got the flu and we had to spend 3 days in the hospital. Full story here.
  • Greg was promoted from the warehouse to an office job at the place he had worked the past 6 years. His had to take off his first day on the new job because Parker was still in the hospital. Thankfully, they were understanding.
  • Greg also had to take off his fourth day on the new job to take care of Parker and me because she gave me the flu. Yuck!
  • The thought of buying a larger house was creeping into our minds so we started looking at new houses once everyone was well.
April
  • I met with an ENT for allergy testing. I had already had 3-4 sinus infections since January and I was tired of being sick. All the tests came back negative and I was diagnosed with Non-Allergic Rhinitis. Basically, it means that I can have allergy like symptoms any time of the year just like people with allergies. Lovely.
  • We bought a new house!
  • We put our old house on the market. You read that right ... we now owned two homes. Yikes!
May
  • Parker was baptized at church.
  • I had more doctor visits about my sinuses.
  • Greg and I celebrated 10 years of marriage!
  • We moved into our new house!
June
  • We ran the Warrior Dash exactly 4 months to the day of me having Parker. It's a 5k race in the middle of nowhere on rough terrain with lots of obstacles. It was a blast!
  • Our sweet Bailey turned 4 years old!
  • I had to go to the ER after getting a giant plank of wood stuck under my fingernail at work. Ok, it wasn't a giant plank, but it sure felt like one. What's one more medical bill at this point?!
  • We sold our old house!
July
  • Greg had surgery.
  • Bailey and Lou started their first swim lessons at my parents house with some of our good friends.
  • We closed on our old house. We are officially back to only paying one mortgage. Yay!
August
  • I had a rib fractured during one of our coed soccer games, and yet another trip to the ER. Full story here.
  • We ran the Conquer the Gauntlet race with some great friends. Full story here.
  • We were blessed to custom make me a 10 year anniversary ring. Full story here.
September
  • The kitchen remodel at our new house was completed.
  • We walked in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure with my mom and friends. My mom is a 19 year breast cancer survivor and we have participated in this race the past 9 years. Full story here.
  • After meeting with a new ENT (a friend who had recently moved back here from Little Rock), I took a month of antibiotics and a week of steroids to try to clear up my sinuses. It didn't help.
October
  • We took the girls on vacation to Eureka Springs. Full story here.
  • I started a new journey of eating right and exercising. I also started an all female Boot camp class which I love. Full story here.
  • I had a CT scan of my sinuses and found out that surgery (although not mandatory) would definitely help me breathe better. Decisions, decisions.
  • Greg and I decided to schedule my sinus surgery for Dec 28th. We've already met our deductible at this point so why not.
November
  • Lou decided on her own to start using the potty. Awesome! She hasn't mastered pooping in the potty yet, but we'll take what we can get.
  • My parents took Greg and I, and the the big girls to see Mary Poppins at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. It was awesome!
  • Bailey and Lou got haircuts, which may not seem that significant until we realized that this was Lou's first haircut. She was almost 3 years old and just getting her first cut. Oops!
December
  • My parents went with us to the Christmas Train in Dry Gulch, USA. We all had a good time, and we ran into quite a few friends out there!
  • I had a second CT scan done on my sinuses to prepare for surgery.
  • We ended the year with my sinus surgery on Dec 28th.

Like I said before, 2012 is the Year of Medicine for the Morrison family. While looking back, I realize just how blessed we are. We had some tough times, but we pulled through. I had tears in my eyes as I reread the story of Parker getting the flu because now she is walking around our house as healthy as can be and getting into everything. I'll say it again, we are blessed!

Thank you for sharing another wonderful year with us. 2013 ... here we come!


Proverbs 3:6 - "in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment